Things around here have been pretty exciting. Julia quit sleeping earlier this week, waking up about every 45 minutes. It was maddening. So, on Tuesday I called the pediatrician and they suggested going ahead and starting her on rice cereal. I really wanted to wait until she was 6 months old and breastfed exclusively, but something had to give. So, for "lunch" on Tuesday I gave her some rice cereal for the first time. Below are some photos and video. She loved it. I even gave her more than they said to because she was doing so well. So, that night she slept from 9-6:45, I guess we were starving the poor girl!
I was watching this video with Jeff last night, and I was thinking that Natalie talks all the time, but hearing her in the background of this video confirmed it! That girl talks all day long!! She is so funny and was having a hard time understanding why Julia was now eating food when all she used to do was nurse. I tried explaining it, but I am not sure that she ever really got it. She did have to try the cereal and decided that her cereal is better.
I was watching this video with Jeff last night, and I was thinking that Natalie talks all the time, but hearing her in the background of this video confirmed it! That girl talks all day long!! She is so funny and was having a hard time understanding why Julia was now eating food when all she used to do was nurse. I tried explaining it, but I am not sure that she ever really got it. She did have to try the cereal and decided that her cereal is better.





So, Natalie has the last birthday out of all of her friends, and this year she is birthday crazy. Monday night we had to pretend that it was her birthday with a cake and a candle. It was too funny. She is obsessed with singing Happy Birthday, so here she is singing happy birthday with me. I hate to say it, but I am afraid she is tone deaf. It cracks me up. She has these pretend wooden cupcakes that have candles on them and we pretend to blow the candles out after we sing.
Julia can now blow spit bubbles. It is too funny, except that she drools everywhere! If I don't have a bib on her she can go through 2-3 outfits a day - easy! Here she is in her favorite seat, the Bumbo, blowing spit bubbles at me today. After I gave her rice cereal I decided to try her with a bottle one more time and to my surprise she took it without any fight! Yea! Maybe Mommy can get a night off!
We went to Caden's third birthday party and it was so much fun. Camryn, Caden's sister is 5 weeks younger than Julia and just like Julia is a chunky monkey. Here are some photos from the party.
Natalie and the girls.

Natalie enjoying a snow cone. They rented a snow cone maker and the kids loved it. It was a great idea on a hot August evening.
This is Leon, Caden and Camryn's dad. We worked at Cargill together.
One last story, when we put Natalie to bed she has requested us to sing, at the same time Twinkle, Twinkle and Row, Row, Your Boat. The other night she informed us that she didn't need us to sing to her and that she would turn out her light and turn her music on. So feeling sad and rejected Jeff and I left the room. A couple minutes later Natalie was yelling, "Cover me up!" Evidently, she still needs us to tuck her in. Sigh - they grow up way too fast.