The end of last week and this weekend have been full of surprises.
On Thursday we went out to Great Grandma's and PaPa's for lunch. I had made them bierocks to freeze so they could eat them when they needed a quick dinner. We spent about 3 hours just eating, talking and hanging out. It was nice to be able to see them, as their health has been failing over the past 6 months. Grandma called me on Saturday to say that they really liked them.
Great Grandma and Julia.


MiMi, Natalie and Pa Pa.

Natalie created a "swimming pool" on their patio...she played in it for at least an hour. Little kids are so funny.
Here are 4 generations of Ast women.
On Thursday I got the call that Natalie's new furniture was in, so that afternoon we skipped nap and moved everything out of her room in preparation for her new furniture that was going to be delivered on Friday. I love how she is holding her BaBa and her purse, ready to go.
I just love close up shots of my girls. When you can get their eyes like this, I really feel like you can see right into their souls. This is Natalie Thursday night after her bath.

So, here it is, the new room. Decor and furniture are done. Natalie loves it and I think it is pretty great too. Jeff and I had tons of fun taping off and painting the stripes, but I would say the end result is pretty cute and busy, just like our Natalie.




Julia had her four month appointment on Friday. She weighs 13 pounds 12 ounces and is 24.5 inches long - both in the 50% range. She also got shots on Friday. She hated the shots and was hard to calm down after, but she seemed to be doing better that afternoon and even rolled over for the first time. Video of her 3rd and 4th roll is below. That evening she started running a fever and had a bad night. Saturday was OK, but she was still running a fever, really cranky and just looked miserable. The spots where she got her shots look like bad mosquito bites. Today has proven to be a better day, her mood has improved and her fever is gone. I am even trying her in the pack-n-play for her afternoon nap instead of in her swing. So far so good! She has been waking up in the middle of the night talking, two and three times a night. While it is cute the first time, the second and third time can be a little much!! So, I am thinking she just might be outgrowing the swing. We shall see!
On Thursday we went out to Great Grandma's and PaPa's for lunch. I had made them bierocks to freeze so they could eat them when they needed a quick dinner. We spent about 3 hours just eating, talking and hanging out. It was nice to be able to see them, as their health has been failing over the past 6 months. Grandma called me on Saturday to say that they really liked them.
Great Grandma and Julia.


MiMi, Natalie and Pa Pa.

Natalie created a "swimming pool" on their patio...she played in it for at least an hour. Little kids are so funny.
Here are 4 generations of Ast women.
On Thursday I got the call that Natalie's new furniture was in, so that afternoon we skipped nap and moved everything out of her room in preparation for her new furniture that was going to be delivered on Friday. I love how she is holding her BaBa and her purse, ready to go.
I just love close up shots of my girls. When you can get their eyes like this, I really feel like you can see right into their souls. This is Natalie Thursday night after her bath.
So, here it is, the new room. Decor and furniture are done. Natalie loves it and I think it is pretty great too. Jeff and I had tons of fun taping off and painting the stripes, but I would say the end result is pretty cute and busy, just like our Natalie.




Julia had her four month appointment on Friday. She weighs 13 pounds 12 ounces and is 24.5 inches long - both in the 50% range. She also got shots on Friday. She hated the shots and was hard to calm down after, but she seemed to be doing better that afternoon and even rolled over for the first time. Video of her 3rd and 4th roll is below. That evening she started running a fever and had a bad night. Saturday was OK, but she was still running a fever, really cranky and just looked miserable. The spots where she got her shots look like bad mosquito bites. Today has proven to be a better day, her mood has improved and her fever is gone. I am even trying her in the pack-n-play for her afternoon nap instead of in her swing. So far so good! She has been waking up in the middle of the night talking, two and three times a night. While it is cute the first time, the second and third time can be a little much!! So, I am thinking she just might be outgrowing the swing. We shall see!