It seems like July just got here! I can't believe next weeks starts a new month. Natalie finished up both of her summer time school's this week. At the end of Summer Play Days they had a little music program. Of course Natalie and Abbie are standing right next to each other. The program was really sweet. Jeff took a video of it and I grabbed some still shots. Of course where we sat the teacher stood right in front of us. Ugg. I never get that right or the correct lane at the grocery store!
If you watch at the very beginning a girl standing behind Natalie gives her a hug. Natalie and Abbie both look mortified and I love it!
After the program Natalie went with MiMi for a little ice cream and then played at her house for a little bit. I had a little surprise in store for the girls. Julia's eczema is just crazy this summer with the heat. It also seems to be aggravated by grass, so needless to say going outside to play has been hard. I thought the pool would be a win, but it seems to make it worse too. So, instead of trying to make it outdoors, I thought I would bring in some new play equipment. Julia loves to climb and both girls have always loved to slide, so I thought this would be great. I put it together all by my self during Julia's nap and couldn't wait for her to see it.
I think you can tell from her face that she loved it. When Natalie got home from MiMi's she also gave it a thumbs up.
To try to increase the amount of good fats in the girls diets, I have been pushing avocados. Natalie loves guacamole, so she is easy, but Julia really doesn't seem to like it and quit eating it plain. So, my neighbor gave me a great recipe for Chocolate Avocado Mousse. Sounds totally bizarre, but tastes fantastic. I did make it once with sweetened cocoa and it was terrible. Be sure to get the unsweetened! You can also add more agave nectar to make it sweeter.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Ingredients:
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Cup open avocados and scoop out the insides. Combine with other ingredients and blend until smooth.
Here are a couple photos of the girls enjoying the mousse!
I have been putting Julia's hair into a top of the head pony tail lately, because it is so long on the top that it gets into her eyes. Tired of the look I tried piggy tails today and to my surprise there was enough hair there! Yea! I thought it looked adorable. In other news, Mom and I took Julia out to eat tonight and I let her eat from the restaurant menu. With some prep before hand and making the kitchen staff aware of her allergies, I am happy to report that it was a successful dinner! We even got sugar cookies for dessert!
I was trying to get a photo of her hair before we left, but she wasn't having it. It is a pretty good photo of all of her teeth though.
These next two photos are from a couple of weeks ago, they were on my phone and I wanted to share them. The girls and I were out shopping when Jeff was out of town and they were just hilarious!
Julia loves to sit in the stroller like this. It just cracks me up.
I stopped at a new store here in town and they have a "brow bar". I thought it might be fun to get my brows done, so to keep the girls busy I gave them suckers. This is the first time Julia had one and she loved it! Natalie was very intrigued by the brow grooming process.













