Jeff and I have known that Natalie is hard to understand when she talks. I thought it might be good to have her speech evaluated, so in November I took her to a free screening within our school district. They agreed that she needed further evaluation. I took her to see a private speech therapist before the holidays and we just finished up her evaluation. We received the report last night. Jeff and I were both shocked by the results.
In summary it said that both her speech development and her syntactical skills where below the 1st percentile. It also said that she exhibits a severe phonological disorder with associated grammatical delays.
Jeff and I are both letting this report sink in and are planning what to do next. The therapist said that it will be a long road. We do know that with the support of family and friends, we will charge on!