Friday, January 21, 2011

Barbara Jane

At 10:05 on Sunday, January 16th, my grandma passed away. I was there with her and the minute after she was gone I was already missing her. It is funny how you take things for granted. I guess I just always thought she would be around and I would always have the chance to see her again. She was an amazing women who loved to cross stitch, hang out with her family and play cards. Some of my fondest memories include her. I remember staying weekends with her at the lake. She would send us to be in the camper and they would sit outside and listen to the Royals games and play cards. She used to let us roller skate in the basement. She let us eat the cookie dough and I swear she made the best fried chicken and toast. She always had cookies in the cookie jar. They were never the fancy kind, they were the cheap store brand, but for some reason they always were fantastic. She always made us go to church if we were there on the weekend. There wasn't anything my grandma wouldn't do for one of her grand kids or great grand kids. My grandma was a very devout Catholic. She had a bible that she kept all kinds of notes in. It was amazing. I am so glad that Natalie got to meet her. We have told Natalie about grandma's passing, but at her age I am not sure how much she understands. I am sad that Julia will never get to really meet her. I am worried about my grandfather. I hope he stays strong and knows that we are all here for him.

Here is a photo montage that I made for her funeral.


Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!