Thursday, March 27, 2008

When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have recieved it, and you will be given whatever you ask for. -Mark 11:24

This morning we had our sonogram appointment. The same lady that did her first ultrasound did this one. Natalie was super during it. She never cried and sat really still, which is amazing for a 5 month old.

The sono started and we saw her right kidney. Then she moved down to get a look at her bladder. The tech mentioned that she had a really full bladder. I knew we were going to get a shower soon. The tech then moved the wand down more toward her "nether regions". I saw something come up on the screen and I said, "That isn't her bladder is is?" The tech replied, "No, I would call that another kidney."

That is right, we think the missing left kidney has been found in her pelvic area. The tech also thought she saw the ureter for both kidneys and they were doing their job. Natalie then emptied her bladder, all over us. The tech then wanted to try and get another shot of the newly found kidney and couldn't locate it again. She said it must be hidden by her intestines. So, I guess it is only visible when she has a full bladder.

All of this was exciting and unexpected. She did mention that of course she isn't a doc and if they did see another kidney we would be sent for more tests. I guess now we are waiting for our doc to get the report to see what he wants us to do next.

We also got to see Natalie's ovaries and uterus. I told Jeff to wave at his future grand kids as females are born with all their eggs. I don't think he found it all that funny. I did.

It has been a wonderful and exciting day for us. I think Jeff and I are still in shock.

Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!