Saturday, April 9, 2011

Calling All Fairy Princesses

With everything that has been going on, I knew that throwing a huge first birthday party for Julia was out of the question. So, I thought I would have a very girly, small get together, that I could drown in details in. I really wanted to do a fairy princess theme. So, with the sewing machine I got for Christmas, I set out to make a very unique invite.

I decided to make each of the girls a top with their name on it along with a magic wand. I had the thread match each of the tutus. I thought they turned out so cute. I wish the photo of all the tutu's would have turned out just as good!




After I got them all made, I folded them up and wrapped them in tissue in a box.

I attached the actual invite (mom's and daughters on it) with some ribbon.

Closed up the box and away they went.


And before we knew it the day of the party was here. I have to admit that I am pretty sad that my last baby is turning one. I can't believe how fast the last year has gone. It has been an incredible journey.

Here was the sign we had on the door welcoming our guests.

Here is the birthday girl!

This is our dining room, I tried to decorate it with a fairy princess garden theme in mind. I got a lot of help from my cousin Lyndsie! Thank you Lyndsie!!

I love these banners. The bottom one has a photo of Julia from each month. I think it is so great!








I found some fun canvas bags at the local hobby store and added each girls name to them. Of course they are loaded with lots of treasures.

During the party I am going to have the girls put on make-up and I got these very cute little baskets to hold it.


Every fairy princess needs a little bit of fairy dust. In this case, it is strawberry lemonade!

A very special chair for a very special baby.

I framed and set out some of the one year old photos that I had taken of Julia.

Daddy and his birthday girl.

And here we are ready for the big day!

Yea!! The fairy princesses are here! The first thing we did when they got here was make sure they had wings and halos. They were so very cute!

Fairy Princess Ava and Fairy Princess McKinley.

Fairy Princess Hadley.

Fairy Princess Julia.

Daddy and his girl again. I think she might have his blue eyes!

Fairy Princess Jaidyn.

Fairy Princess Ava.

Fairy Princess Lexie putting make-up on.

Fairy Princess Natalie putting on her make-up.

Fairy Princess Emily putting some make-up on too!

Fairy Princess Jordan, all dolled up!

Fairy Princess McKinley having a snack!

All the beautiful Fairy Princesses. Top - Abbie, Natalie, Emily, Jordan and McKinley. Floor - Hadley, Chloe, Ava and Lexie. Who is missing? That's right, Julia. She just wasn't having the group shot. Fairy Princess Jaidyn is missing too, but she just wasn't into partying today!

The three musketeers. Abbie, Natalie and Emily.

We played a game outside where we gave all the girls a butterfly net and had them try and catch bubbles with them. I don't think there has ever been anything cuter than the girls running around in their wings and tutu's. They were adorable. Some of the girls liked the swing set instead. Didn't matter to us, as long as they were having fun!







Yea, now it is time for cake. I got this hat for Julia and she wore it for, um, 1 second. It is cute though!

After singing Happy Birthday, Julia proceeded to eat an entire cupcake. I ordered cupcakes and cookies from Divvies, an on-line bakery that makes items without eggs, nuts, peanuts and milk. We will be ordering more!!





After she was done, the paci went back in and she was ready to move on! When I was cleaning her up, she did get mad and start eating pieces of cupcake off the carpet. It was hilarious.


Because she was so upset the cupcake was gone and it was her birthday party, I gave her a cookie to eat while we opened gifts. She also devoured it, I think we will be getting more of those too!

We are so blessed to have so many family and friends that came to celebrate with us. We had a great time with everyone and Julia got some wonderful presents. I was so sad to see the party come to an end.




We had 3 boys at the party, Jeff, Jared and Baby Cooper. They were really out numbered!!

Julia reading her card from Natalie.





Julia with her Godmothers.



Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!