Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wedding Weekend

It is finally here! Adam and Danielle's wedding! They wedding took place in Kansas City on Saturday, but we headed up on Thursday to help with decorating. The roads were supposed to get icy, so we headed up early. We have never taken both girls on a trip, so this was a first for everyone!

Here is Natalie in the car with her movies ready for the long drive!

Julia is also ready, she read, played with toys and watched some of Natalie's videos.

We didn't make it far before we had to stop, but that is OK, we didn't have to stop again!

Natalie and Julia were great at the hotel, we had to take a ton of stuff, but it was a lot of fun to head out of town for a while. We had a great hotel room, it was called a "penthouse", had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Natalie and Julia had a great time exploring!

Here we are enjoying our first breakfast at the hotel.

Our Julia loves to eat, here she is eating her first pancake. I was cutting up small pieces for her, but she wanted me just to give her a big piece of it. I love how she has a banana in one hand and the pancake in her other hand and in her mouth! She is something else.

While we were at the hotel Julia learned how to crawl up one step. She also was hanging onto a rubber maid and let go to hang onto a chair. She is growing up too fast!

There were some low windows in one of the bedrooms and Julia took full advantage of it!

We knew that we would have to contain Julia while we were at the hotel, so I bought this doorway jumper and she loved it. Natalie kept wanting to swing her, but other than that it worked pretty well.

The first night we were there, there was a snow storm. I think we got about four inches. It was crazy!

Natalie is like sleeping with the Tasmanian devil, so we brought along this great tent for her to sleep in. She thought it was an adventure and slept in it for 2 of the 3 nights. Uncle Jared got it for her for Christmas. It has an inflatable mattress and everything.

Here is another photo of Julia eating.

To pass time in the hotel I brought along a new game. It is based on the Cat in the Hat book. It is really fun. You have to do all these things to earn points. One of the funniest things was watching Jeff limbo under a very small stick while holding a book under his chin. I recommend it, it was a lot of fun and great for a 3 year old!

Natalie had to run around with the guy on her head.

Since Julia is still crawling I brought along a play mat for her, but one day Jeff and Natalie decided to try and make a house out of it!

Of course we also had some play dough.

When it just got too boring for Natalie, we googled things to do and found this very neat play place. It is an old elementary school and each room is sponsored by someone or some organization. Each room had a different theme, this one was called Raceway and was one of Natalie's favorite. You had golf balls that you sent down different tracks.

There was also a room for younger kids and Julia really liked all the mirrors. The floor in this spot was not level and I think she had a good time climbing over all the hills.

There was also a slide in the room and we all enjoyed going down it!

In the gym part of the school they had this neat machine that used air to blow scarves. You could change the direction of the air to change the path. Natalie liked it, Julia, not so much. At the end of the path the scarves blew out of the machine.

There was another room called Farm to Market and Natalie loved to run the cash register. She made a little friend who liked to shop, so it was a good combination for her.

On Friday Jeff and I attended the rehearsal dinner. We brought a Nanny with us, Tracey, and she was staying with the kids. It was so nice to be able to go out as adults!

The bride-to-be and me.

Of course the next day was "The Big Day"!!

Here is a photo of the bridesmaids and the bride.

Here is a photo of the wedding party, except for Cory, who was taking the photo!

Here is the groom, my cousin Adam.

And here I am with the glowing bride.

I had to get a family photo and I think it turned out so well!

I was trying to get a photo of me and my girls, but neither one wanted to cooperate!! They are such stinkers.

Natalie was so excited to be part of the bouquet toss. She is the little one in the red dress. She didn't catch it and when she didn't she came over to me and said, "Mommy, I didn't get it!" Poor girl. I made sure that she got my bouquet.

Daddy and daughter dancing!

Mommy and her daughter dancing.

Natalie and her Mi Mi.

Natalie was so excited to do the chicken dance. She had been practicing at home and requested it at the wedding. She did a great job too and when it was over she wanted to do it again!

Natalie was a dancing fool, she was cracking us up!



Towards the end of the night we gave Natalie our camera and let her take some photos. I have to admit that she did pretty good!


Tracey was hanging out with Natalie while we were at the wedding and I think she had a pretty good night.

I thought it would be good to take some photos of our first family hotel room! We didn't have a great place to put Julia, the room downstairs had french doors and the upstairs was a loft, so I had the great idea of putting her room in the bathroom. It worked great and she slept like a champ!





Natalie wanted to take some photos too, she got this great one of Julia.

The weekend was a lot of fun. Lots of family time and lots of alone time for Jeff and I. It was all much needed and we have a wonderful new woman that we can call our cousin!

Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!