

So, last Wednesday, February 9th I gave Julia a piece of cheese as she was eating it she began to get hives on her face. She got three really good sized ones with welts in the middle. She then began to cough a little. We called the after hours nurse and gave her Benadryl and a bath. They told us to call our pediatrician the next day.
I wasn't surprised when she had a reaction to the cheese, but I was shocked at the kind of reaction she had. When she was little I tried to give her some formula and anywhere it came in contact with her skin she got a rash. I told the pediatrician and she said that she might have a milk protein allergy. The pediatrician thought she would outgrow it. I tried giving her yogurt again at 6 months and got the same reaction.
The pediatrician called us the next day and we went in at 3. They told us that they wanted to do a RAST test to see if she was allergic to milk and some other common allergens. They had to take blood from her arm and it was so sad! She still has a bruise today.
They called me on Thursday, February 15th and told me that Julia was allergic to Milk and to Peanuts. I was just in shock. They want us to keep her away from all nuts and raw milk. We don't know what her reaction to Peanuts would be and I think that is the scariest. Lots of unknown. We are armed with epi pens and Benadryl. We are going to be referred to a pediatric allergist to see if we can get some more information.
Until then we are just telling everyone we know not to feed our Julia and to keep nuts and raw milk away from her. We are also praying that the peanut allergy is not a serious one!