So, as you all know I love to have Natalie's photo taken. I am always venturing to new places for new background and props. Anyway, I heard about this lady who took pictures in her basement and was even located on the west side of town, what a great deal...or so I thought! After what I went through with her, I would never go back.
1. When we got to her house it was filthy. The white background she was using had feet print all over it and at one point Natalie was eating a snack and dropped one on the floor. When she picked it up she also picked up like four hairs with it. GROSS.
2. We had our photos taken on a Monday and were promised them back by Valentines day. I had to e-mail her on Friday to ask if they were done. She e-mailed me back and said they were, but she wasn't going to be home and that she would leave them on the porch. How totally unprofessional. She didn't call me when they arrived and then left them out in the elements.
3. When I got the photos, the coloring was totally out of whack. I thought it might just be me, but everyone I showed them to agreed.
4. Here is our e-mail exchange below. I won't be going back and wouldn't recommend her for anything.
--------------
From: Amy
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:39 AM
To: Shannon
RE: Photos
I am sorry to hear that, but most of all I am sorry to hear that you thought the printing looked OK. Everyone I have showed them too says that the color is terrible and Natalie’s color looks strange in them. I don’t see any reason to reshoot, as the next round of photos may print the same and you may think they look OK too.
I understand that you may not think the printing is your “problem”, but I am your customer and my satisfaction should be your ultimate goal. It is unfortunate that I have $60.00 worth of photos that I am unhappy with.
You can be sure I won’t be passing your name along to any of my friends or associates.
Sincerely,
Amy
From: Shannon
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:04 PM
To: Amy
Subject: Re: Photos
I apologize, I did not get your email. I am also sorry that you were unhappy with your photos. I did not see a problem with them and if there was any major coloring issue, my developers would have stopped production and notified me. I do not give refunds on orders if a customer is unhappy with the printing. That is a developing problem. I can schedule a reshoot if you would like to do that or I can talk to the developers and see if they notice anything and if so, correct it and resend it.
Thank you
Shannon
----- Original Message -----
From: Amy
To: Shannon
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:00 PM
Subject: FW: Photos
Shannon,
I just wanted to make sure you received the e-mail I sent below. Please let me know when there is a time that would be convenient for you.
Thanks,
Amy
From: Amy
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:11 PM
To: Shannon
Subject: RE: Photos
Shannon,
I just picked up my photos and I have to say that I am extremely disappointed. The coloring is all wrong making Natalie’s lips and feet look blue and all the shadows look purple. The photos just seem extremely bright. Since they were to be Valentine gifts, trying to correct the color and reprinting them is not an option. I would like to return the photos for a full refund that includes my $10.00 sitting fee. Please let me know when you will be home so I can bring the photos back and pick up my money.
Thanks,
Amy
From: Shannon
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 4:52 PM
To: Amy
Subject: Re: Photos
I went ahead and put them by the front door packaged up in case you decide to come by tonight.
Thanks so much and have a great Valentines Day!
Shannon
----- Original Message -----
From: Amy
To: Shannon
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 4:23 PM
Subject: Photos
Hey Shannon,
Just wanted to see if our photos were ready?
Thanks
Amy