Friday, November 9, 2007

3 Weeks and 1 Day Old!


Today Natalie is 3 weeks and 1 day old! We can't believe it. I would like to say the time is just flying by, but anyone who has had kids know that the first few weeks are so hard! Natalie is doing better at breastfeeding and we aren't supplementing her except at night. She does like to eat and has been doing so every 1-2 hours which is wearing Mom out. We are trying to get her to go longer in between, but you can imagine how that is going. Sometimes at night we get a 4 hour stretch, but most nights we are up a couple times for at least an hour. The weekends are great because Daddy can take one of the feedings and then we each only have to get up once. I wish it was the weekend all the time. We are getting to know each other a little better and figuring each other out. I think the hard part is that each day seems like a new day, always something new to learn and just because something happened yesterday, doesn't mean it will happen today. I am trying to just roll with the punches, but anyone that knows me, knows that is really hard for me, the planner. Oh well, I am trying to welcome this new time in my life. We are enjoying Natalie everyday and I can't wait for her to respond to us - that first smile will be amazing!!

Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!