I made these gifts for our neighbors and for the girls' teachers. A few people have asked me how so I thought I would share.
For the carrier you will need:
-Felt, off the bolt, not the little squares
-coordinating fabric for the bow and lid toppers
-Regular Mouth Half Pint Jars with Lids
-Coordinating Scrap-booking Paper for the Tag
I tried to scan in the template that I used so hopefully you can print it at 100% and use it as a pattern.
The two small semi circles at the bottom should be on the fold. I found out that felt has A LOT of give, so I had to make the holes small to allow them to stretch.I used a hole punch and it went through the felt just fine.
I just cut the coordinating fabric in strips in a length that I liked!
The tag was made with a Cricut and the design is from the DoodleBugs cartridge. On the back of the tag is a saying that I printed on a label. I have those pictured below. I got the labels, for the back of the tag and for the jars, at Walmart and found the templates on-line.
As for what is in the jars, I got ready made refrigerated pie dough and cut each circle into fourths. I rolled it into a ball and then rolled it out into a rectangle. I dropped it like a cup into the jars, not worrying about the bottom. I used the Libby Pumpkin Pie Recipe which you can find here. I put all the jars on a baking sheet and cooked them the same time it suggested for one pie. I just divided it evenly in the jars. It does expand, so don't make it too full. I used an addition crust to make the decorations and I baked them separately.
For the cake, I made it in a separate pan and then tore it up and layered it with icing. Natalie had a great time adding the sprinkles.
I hope that it works for you! Happy Thanksgiving!!


