Sunday, October 31, 2010

"This Door is Broke"

Before we jump into Halloween night, Julia has been up to a couple of things. First, she can sit up really well now and loves to do it! Second, I felt a tooth this morning! I can't believe she is big enough for a tooth. In fact, I have had these shoes that I have wanted to put on her, but I keep thinking that she is just too little. So, the other night I thought I should try them on her and guess what? They are almost too small! Really? She is growing that fast? Please God, let the time stand still just for a moment so I can hold on to my babies!!!

Ah, Halloween, my second favorite holiday. Today was packed with all kinds of fun.

First, we carved a couple of pumpkins. Jeff made one that looks like Dora and Natalie made one with just a bunch of holes in it. I told her that it would look like the stars at night.





After Julia got up from her nap we headed out. First stop, MiMi's house! And here we are:

Mommy and her Bunny.

I know that I am her Mom, but she is SO cute!!

The cutest bunny and the most beautiful butterfly in the whole world. At least in my world.

Natalie is so funny. She had on her bunny costume and then as we walked out the door she decided that she wanted to be a butterfly.

Julia was killing me in this costume.

Here we all are again.

Daddy and his girls.

So after MiMi's we went to Abbie's house! There were yummy things to eat and lots of trick or treating! Ethan and Julia weren't really ready to go out, but we did snap this photo of them.

Here the girls are at their first house. No one answered the door and Natalie said, "This door is broke." It was too funny. It didn't take them long to run to the next house where they found some candy.

Julia trick or treating.

The girls hitting a house! Natalie was just running from house to house and man, she is quick! It didn't take the girls long to figure out exactly what trick or treating was or that it was a lot of fun!


After Abbie's house we headed back to our house for trick or treating with Emily and Ava. Natalie was pretty warmed up, so she ran from house to house.


After we finished trick or treating in our neighborhood we told Natalie that she could hand some candy out. For some reason we had tons of kids and we quickly ran out of candy. So we told Natalie we had to shut the door. Natalie didn't think that was a good idea, so she asked if she could hand out the candy that she had collected. We told her that she could and that is what she did. What a sweetheart. It was too cute.

Here is the finished Dora pumpkin. Jeff did a great job and lots of kids who came to the door knew exactly who it was.


I always get a little sad when this holiday is over, but we had so much fun and it was great seeing the girls have so much fun. Can't wait to see what the holidays hold.

Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!