I had been promising the girls a trip to the zoo and today turned out to be perfect! We invited Natalie's friend, Acacia, to go with us and it just so happens that her brother and sister-in-law work at the zoo. Her brother works with the elephants. We got to go and feed the elephant and touch her. We also watched her paint a picture! Her name is Stephanie and she is 44. It was so amazing to watch Sunny work with her. It really was so neat.
Her sister-in-law Kellie works with the birds. We got to feed some righ out of our hands! It is hard to see with the cart there, but we are feeding them!
Here is a little video of Julia feeding a bird a grape.
The giraffe feeding station was open and we fed a beautiful giraffe named, M.J.
M.J. was standing there so cute I thought it would be fun to get a photo of all of them.
Then M.J. thought Julia's hair looked yummy!
The girls and I on the tram.
The lion was sleeping against the glass and I had the girls put their hands up by it.
Here is Natalie:
Here is Julia.
And to end the trip on a high note, I let the girls buy a new "friend" in the gift shop.


