Thursday, September 13, 2007

Should we buy a lottery ticket?

I know it seems to Jeff and me that the past 8 months have proven that you never know what you are in for or what to expect. You certainly never expect to fall into the 2% category of anything. I think we are passing on our lack of luck to Jared, who found out today that he has the West Nile virus. I think he is the second documented case in Wichita.

If any of you know Darryl, you know his addiction to landscaping and since Jared has been home they have been working on redoing a bunch of the landscaping in the back. I know they have been wearing Off, but it seems it didn't totally work. Jared started displaying symptoms last week with vomiting and a really weird rash.

Mom was at my OB/GYN appointment with me when he was at the doctor and I told her it sounded to me like West Nile. I had watched something on TV about it the night before and remembered the rash. Anyway, Jared told the doctor to be sure to test him for that. They called today saying he was positive.

He has a follow up appointment tomorrow, but there isn't any known treatment. Symptoms are similar to mono. They just treat the symptoms as they arise. Jared is going to be just fine, but it may take him a while to recover, I have heard as long as 2 years. Anyway, if you could please keep him in your thoughts for a speedy recovery, we would appreciate it. I told him, with all the unfortunate things we have been through the past 8 months, maybe we could fall into some lottery luck.

Puppy Love!

We just love our pup!